Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Go to a Movie Alone

I had never been to a movie by myself before, so I hit a matinee today on my day off. I opened up my Fandango app on my phone, clicked the tab for right now, and chose the flick that seemed the most appealing to me.

That flick happened to be Young Adult with Charlize Theron, and written by Diablo Cody. Charlize Theron was very good. The movie... Well, let's just say it's pretty typical Diablo Cody fare. Yup, it's set in Minnesota (where she isn't actually from, by the way). Yup, there are "cleverly" written lines. And yup, it ends with pretty much no resolution.

However, the experience of going to the theater on my own was pretty nice. Yeah, I felt a little bit moronic when I laughed (or scoffed) out loud with no one there to do so with me, but I also didn't have to share my Milk Duds, or my arm rest, I got to pick the movie, and it didn't look like I was trying to give my husband a blowie when I took a sip from my soda without lifting it out of the cup holder.

Goals Accomplished: 14
Days Remaining: 912
Money Saved: $229

No comments:

Post a Comment