Sunday, October 16, 2011

Volunteer at an Event

Today Rich and I volunteered as pie servers at the Bucktown Apple Pie Contest. The idea was to get out and interact with people in our community in hopes of meeting some potential new friends. That didn't really happen, but we had a good time anyway.

We each chose a table of amateur competition pies to serve to the public. It was quite a messy day, but actually pretty fun. I wish that we had known more about the pies we were serving because people would ask us questions about them that we couldn't really answer. And at $3 per slice, I don't blame them for wanting info before purchasing.

I'm not sure we will do that again next year. I'm debating on whether I'd like to enter a pie for competition - gluten free, of course! I wonder if it would be the first one entered...

Goals Accomplished: 1
Days Remaining: 999
Money Saved: $12

No comments:

Post a Comment